Who we are
Type & click enter
The olea naturale team was created in 2014. Having come a long way in studying, experimenting and exploring the magical world of phytotherapy, olea naturale has followed the traditional recipes and the knowledge of grandmothers and, through bibliography, the modern use of the plants’ properties in healing process. The team aims to spread the healing properties of herbs, both to empower our body and prevent diseases, as well as to treat easily common nuisances and diseases (headaches, stomach problems, colds, skin diseases etc.) without the use of synthetic drugs and its side effects.
The team, in addition to applied herbal medicine seminars conducted in the summers of 2014 and 2015 in Palekastro Sitia, Crete, engaged in the production of handmade natural cosmetics for face and body systematically. The raw materials that are used, are of biological superior quality, either grown and produced by olea naturale in its herb garden in Crete, or purchased from trusted partners from Greece and around the world, more preferably from local and small producers. Products include a complete proposal for facial and body care: facial creams for moisturizing, anti-aging, sun protection, severe dry skin treatment, freckles, etc., Creams, oils and moisturizing salves for the body, salves for colds, burns, tinctures , soaps, perfumes, deodorants, makeup products with natural materials, flower essences etc. Prominent in olea naturale products it is the biological pure extra virgin olive oil, produced in Crete from the koroneiki variety of olive trees of low acidity, rich in minerals and trace elements, with wonderful flavor.
Olea naturale has also been experienced with archaeological field work, along with cultural project management.
For the last years, it has been undertaking extensive seminars on herbs and aromatotherapy, field work on herbs, as well as natural cosmetics making.
Undertaken seminars on herbs (short listed):
- “Preparation of make up products” (Sensities, Athens, April 2017)
- “Ayurveda, yoga and meditation” (Holistic Centre Greece, Sounio, April 2017, October 2016)
- Gardening for adults (10/1/17, Andreas Barboutsis, agriculturist-landscape architect, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre)
- “Medicinal Plants” (7, 14, 21/12/16 & 4/1/17Orestis Davias, biologist – researcher / Panayotis Papadopoulos, horticulturalist Msc – biologic agriculture consultant, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre)
- Communication in the 21st Century Workplace” (University of California, Irvine, October 2016)
- “Complete hair care. Secrets of perfurmery” (Homecosmetics, Athens, October 2016)
- “SPF sunscreens, antiging creams, lip balms and lip sticks” (Homecosmetics, Athens, May 2016)
- “Glycerine soaps and salt baths”, (Athens, February 2016)
- “The science of every day thinking” (The University of Queensland, Australia, November 2015)
- “Behavioural Medicine” (Karolinska Institut, Stockholm, October 2014)
- “Herb therapy: theory, practice on teas, tinctures, oils, beewax products…., field work (“Akadimia of Ancient Greek and Traditional Chinese Medicine” – Athens 2014 – 2013)
- “Total management of Aromatic and Medicinal Plants” (“Agronomist.gr” – 2014 – 2013)
- “Face and body cream making” (“Athinarom” – Athens 2013)
- “Soap making” (“Athinarom” – Athens 2013)
- “Essential oil therapy” (“Nea Guinea” collective – Athens 2011)
- “Herb therapy” (“Nea Guinea” collective – Athens 2010)
- “Soap making” (“Nea Guinea” collective – Athens 2010)