Type & click enter
Olea naturale cultivates its family’s olive trees that grow in Palekastro, Sitia Crete which is wide world known for its excellent climate and also for its oil production. The olive oil of Sitia has been honoured with numerous distinctions and topped by its two golden Mario Solinas awards from the International Olive Oil Council.
With a family history of more than 200 years, olea naturale has learned by its ancestors the art of cultivating its olive gardens and thus producing fine olive oil in accordance with the latest techniques and with great respect to the trees.
Our olive oil is:
- extra virgin
- of koroneiki variety
- rich in aroma, vitamines and 16 minerals
- of an excellent quality, pure, light and low in acids
- excellent for cardiovascular diseases, hypertension etc
Learn more about olive oil / olive tree
Olive tree (Olea europea) is a perennial tree that can reach a height of up to 15 meters, native to the Mediterranean. The fruit is a small drupe 1–2.5 cm long, thinner-fleshed and smaller in wild plants than in orchard cultivars. Olives are harvested in the green to purple stage, from December to February.
Properties – Indications
- Vitamins A, D, E, K, protective for the skin, nails, hair, nourishing, provides shine and elasticity, protects against premature aging.
- The soap of olive oil is moisturizing. It does not produce much foam but can be mixed in an amount of 5% coconut oil. Oil in soap making can be used up to 100%.
- Hypertension (olive leaves), diabetes (bark from new branches collected in spring), cholelithiasis (oil), hair (dandruff).
- The oil is used as a base oil (carrier oil) for the production of other herbal oils. For massage.
- To slow down the aging of the brain, the internal organs and tissues, aid in the battle against breast cancer and other cancers, as against diabetes and peptic ulcer.
- Facilitates the function of the colon.
- For insomnia, nausea.
- Powerful antioxidant.
- For the heart, protects against free radicals, cholesterol, triglycerides.
For blood pressure: The olive leaves have antihypertensive properties. You can get them in a tincture (1/2 tablespoon in a cup of water), or in a beverage a tablespoon of brown leaves or sprouts in a cup of water. Boil three cups of water, 80 gr. of bark and drink in the morning, noon and at night 1 cup. According to researchers at the Stanford Medical School three tablespoons of raw olive oil daily may reduce systolic pressure.
Burns: Put a piece of cloth a bit of olive oil and place it on the burn. It soothes and protects the skin.
For the treatment of acute gastroenteritis: 9-15 dried olives milled with the pits powder and drink them with water.
Protection against cancer: Soak for 10 minutes olive leaves, rinse them and smash them with a little water (ratio 2 glasses of wine with 1 cup water).
For wounds: Olive oil with red wine.
For arthritis: Olive leaf infusion (50 gr. / 1 liter of water), 1 teacup a day after the main meal.